Why?
Well, wouldn't it be nice to have a chat-component within the SOGo web access, where people appear 'online' while they are logged in the web access?

No, it's not a good idea.
Scenario 1:
User logged in SOGo WebUI, but not have XMPP client running.

Scenario 2:
User uses Thunderbird for mail, and never logged in SOGo WebUI.

Lot of clients exist for every systems (win/linux/osx/android/bb/ios/etc.).
I read the OpenFire webpage, yes. But I think it would be nice to automatically appear in a chat-window (or opt-out, opt-in, whatever) within the sogo web access once you are in the SOGo.

Scenario 3:
User just logged in to SOGo WebUI _during_ an XMPP conversation.

Believe me, you don't want to handle these situations.

--
Szládovics, Péter

Onlinedemo.HU <http://www.onlinedemo.hu>
/Arthur C. Clarke/