I didn't. I just clicked on the "SOGo Connector Thunderbird Extension" button <http://www.sogo.nu/english/downloads/frontends.html>, Firefox did the download (to memory, not to disk), tried to automagically install, then threw the error. There was no obvious alternative way to install.

BTW: Do you know why this is not in the Mozilla library?

Thanks for your reply,
John