Am 14.11.2013 21:50, schrieb John Kaufmann:
I didn't. I just clicked on the "SOGo Connector Thunderbird Extension" button <http://www.sogo.nu/english/downloads/frontends.html>, Firefox did the download (to memory, not to disk), tried to automagically install, then threw the error.

Firefox did download and tryed to install it in Firefox!

Right-Click it and download it to a disk file.
Then drag&drop this file to TB and it will install.

There was no obvious alternative way to install.

BTW: Do you know why this is not in the Mozilla library?

Usually you have to configure the downloaded integrator which then in turn downloads
the extension from your server

André