On 05/19/2014 09:05 AM, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
[...]
> the user in question did not had a home directory in the fielsystem yet.
>
> mkdir and everything is fine now.
>
> I dont know, but may be sogo can handle such a "problem" to?
>
> In our setup, the imapserver and sogo are hosted on different mashines.
[...]

Hi,
dovecot is afair able to create missing mailboxes automatically. (I
think that's the missing homedirectory here).
If you use 'real' unix users and pam during authentication the
pam_mkhomedir module might be of help.
In our installation we wrote a small script that looks if there are new
imap accounts in ldap and create the cyrus mboxes and call it via cron -
in case an admin forgot to create the mailbox for a user.

/rupi

--
Rainer Ruprechtsberger
Volkshilfe Oberösterreich

ZVR Zahl: 064371505

Volkshilfe. Wir haben Ideen, die viel bewegen.