On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 05:45 AM CDT, Martin Simovic <mar...@netson.sk> wrote:
 Hi,

On 16 Jun 2014, at 19:36, Donny Brooks  wrote:

> We have yet to have migrated to Samba4 or AD proper so we are still using our
> OpenLDAP and Samba3 domain. However I am wanting to test the Outlook
> connectivity for possible rollout. Has anyone successfully deployed
> SOGo+Openchange+Samba4 while still leaving Samba3 in place? Our setup
> currentlystands as: PDC, mail, webmail/SOGo etc are all separate machines
> with mail being a secondary domain controller with backup LDAP. Any pointers
> are very welcome.

Opechange requires Samba4. Samba4 and Samba3 can not be run simultaneously on
the same machine. I recommend setting up a completely separate vanilla machine
as a test mail server with all required services (postfix, dovecot, samba4,
sogo, openchange) in order to test Outlook connectivity. If you are happy with
the results, you can plan a Samba3 -> Samba4 migration first (which will give
you undoubtedly benefit on it’s own) followed by mail server migration (current
server -> openchange).

I would not bother with any black magic trying to achieve the impossible -
vanilla setup is complex enough on it’s own to get it right.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

https://inverse.ca/sogo/li...@mdah.state.ms.us>Martin,

     Thank you for that. I am a little confused though. Does Openchange require
that all mail reside on it? Couldn't I leave my existing postfix/dovecot in
place and just pull from it? At least that is the way I read it before. Maybe I
misunderstood.
--
Donny B.--