On 7/2/2014 12:53 PM, Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com> wrote:
Question: for setups where the mysql server is on a different system
(but still on the local network), what is the recommended setting in
mysqld for 'skip-name-resolve'?

I'm thinking that, if 2.2.5 does use more connections as someone else
said, maybe this problem is being caused by lots of client connections
from outside from clients with poor reverse DNS resolution, because I do
(and always have) seen lots of these kinds of warnings from phone based
clients:

Never mind... forgot that the only client connecting to the mysql server is the sogo server, other clients connect to the sogo server...

I'd still like to know why this only started after the update to 2.2.5.

I guess its time to get help from someone who actually knows what they are doing to help troubleshoot this, since no one here has any ideas...