I have been running SOGo (for fun) on FreeBSD for quite some time now -
almost a year I think.

The issue is compiling it. Once you get past that, there shouldn't be much
problem. SOPE is required definately and they are both in the ports. Maybe
the versions are old, but if you ask me, I did a lof of compiling by hand
once I decided to play with it. I think I got stuck once we reached 2.2.5
because couldn't compile successfully, posted here and no one bothered:-)

Let me try 2.2.9 and see where I end up.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,