Hello Martin,

Am 27.01.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Martin Simovic:
Hi,

On 27 Jan 2015, at 09:08, André Schild <an...@schild.ws> wrote:

Hello,

we are running SOGo since 3-4 years now with good success in a setup where we
use it for multiple customers.
These are completely separated from each other, but reside in the same
OpenLDAP/Cyrus/Postfix/SOGo setup.

We are now thinking about extending the service to provide MAPI/OutlookAnywhere
functionality.

In the sogo native ms outlook config guide, there is the example of setting up
the service for example.com.

What must be done, to have completely separated example1.com , example2.com
example3.com mapi instances,
just as we can with SOGo via the Multi-Domain configuration?
1. MAPI / RoH require Samba4 as backend. I am not aware that Samba4 can be
configured as multi-domain forest, in other words I believe it is a single
domain only. Based on this, MAPI / RoH for multiple domains is not possible.
(Please someone correct me if I am wrong.)
I don't think we need a forest for this,
if we could tell Sogo how to split users/access by OU or DC, then it would work for us.

2. Regardless of 1., I believe that MAPI / RoH have significant problems that
disqualify them for production use.
     - RoH support is still missing (at least on Debian/Ubuntu) the problem
seems to be more serious then just package build
     - When talking plain MAPI (on local network) Inbox needs to be manually
refreshed to reflect changes. Your users will not see any new emails until they
update inbox folder view.

I know about the current problems and I agree that it is not yet production quality for all setups. But we have a old cyrus 2.3 server togehter with a outdated ldap schema, which we need to replace
by dovecot and either a new ldap schema or the samba ldap backend.

If SOGo MAPI will support multiple separated domains, then we will go to the hassles
of migration the openldap data into samba ldap.
But if SOGo mapi won't support this, then we can just export/reimport the ldap stuff
in a new schema and be done with it.

André