you have to define two LDAP connections, one for the login auth, which should be as it is now (filter unchanged), with:

 canAuthenticate = YES;
 isAddressBook = NO;

and another one for the address book only, where you set:

 canAuthenticate = NO;
 isAddressBook = YES;

--->8---
follow the documentation:
The filter to use for LDAP queries, it should be
defined as an EOQualifier. The following opera-
tors are supported:
<> – inequality operator
= – equality operator
Multiple qualifiers can be joined by using OR and AND,
they can also be grouped together by
using parenthesis. Attribute values should be
quoted to avoid unexpected behaviour.
For example:
filter = "(objectClass='mailUser' OR objectClass='mailGroup') AND accountStatus='active' AND uid <> 'alice'";
---8<---

that means, the filter for the address book should be something like this:
filter = "objectClass=mailUser AND accountStatus=active AND enabledService=mail AND uid <> 'alice' AND uid <> 'bob'";

you have to substitute 'alice' and 'bob' with the UID of your LDAP users to be hidden.

regards,
hugo.-