On 07/18/2015 05:34 PM, Christian M. Jensen wrote:
hi.

this is just a suggestion, if the problem really just is the postinst script

download the package using wget or other local tool
then unpack it and extract the DEBIAN folder from it like this

*NOTE* foo.deb is the package you modify
*NOTE* tmpdir is the folder you extract the deb archive to.
*NOTE* hacked.deb is the package you install!

    dpkg-deb -x foo.deb tmpdir
    dpkg-deb --control foo.deb tmpdir/DEBIAN

now edit the postinst script

     nano tmpdir/DEBIAN/control

now pack the deb file and install it

    dpkg -b tmpdir hacked.deb
    dpkg -i hacked.deb

I've done this my self a few times, and might just be what you need if you don't want to compile it
just a suggestion.

Regards
Christian Jensen

just a followup --

*Christian's suggestion was the ONLY suggestion that worked.*

(1) 'update-rc.d -f samba remove' & 'apt-get -f install' didn't work

No matter the order in which I performed the procedures, it never completed the installation.

(2) neither did 'mv /etc/init.d/samba /etc/init.d/samba_old' work

That appeared to me simply a different way of removing the 'samba' link in '/etc/init.d/'

As it turns out --

(3) *There is an error in the Inverse 'samba' package '/tmpdir/DEBIAN/postinst' script*

line 51 reads 'update-rc.d samba remove' but SHOULD read 'update-rc.d -f samba remove'

The first DOES NOT WORK but the second does.

(4) removing 'samba' before installing the "hacked" deb package is a mistake

The deb package requires "other" Samba packages, such as 'samba-common' 'samba-common-bin' etc., so those MUST be installed before installing the "hacked" deb package ('samba' will fail at that point)

THEN the "hacked" deb package will install properly over the failed 'samba' package.

After completing the installation --

(5) domain login worked properly (most likely because I had not removed or disturbed 'samba')

The domain user DB was intact, and it allowed login to the domain (machines were properly joined)

(6) HOWEVER, I had issues with logging into the SOGo web interface (not recognizing user/password)

I will have to troubleshoot "why" I could not log into SOGo and/or "why" the web interface would not load. Actually, although Apache was running, I could not access the SOGo web page itself (so, there's an issue)

I have "rolled back" (restored) the snapshot of my server so users can work uninterrupted today.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot my e-mail/calendar server will be appreciated. I successfully ran the 'sql-update' script, but I was never able to test it because SOGo would not recognize user/password.

I would appreciate Inverse correcting the issue with the 'postinst' script (it would save time)