I have a small server setup which is working very well with the exception of EAS on android devices (I haven't tried iOS devices).

The setup is as follows:
- Centos 7
- dovecot 2.2.10
- samba authentication using Sernet samba 4.2
- apache 2.4.6
- SOGo 3.0.1 (previously on 2.3.x with the same symptoms).

Thunderbird clients work fine
The web front end works fine (version 2 and now version 3).

When I first sync an android phone with the server using ActiveSync, it flashes up "Syncing x/5500" emails. It then syncs about 10-15 and no more. Contacts and calendars sync fine.

Subsequently the phone will collect e-mail automatically as it arrives providing it hasn't already been read using Thunderbird. If an e-mail /has/ already been read using Thunderbird it doesn't sync to the phone at all.

Looking through the installation guide (p5), I note that the IMAP server needs the ACL, UIDPLUS, QRESYNC, ANNOTATE (or X-GUID) extensions. I have the first three but I can't find any reference to the ANNOTATE or X-GUID extensions in the dovecot documentation. Could this be the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

John