How to use nginx as a reverse proxy to conceal the /SOGo and /SOGo/so in
the URL?

Say, we would like to goto SOGo main interface with:

mail.example.com

instead of

mail.example.com/SOGo

this is our current config in /etc/nginx/conf.d/default, in Ubuntu 14.04:

    location / {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:20000;
        proxy_set_header x-webobjects-server-protocol HTTP/1.0;
    }

    location ~ ^/sogo { rewrite ^ https://$host/SOGo; }
    location ~ ^/SOGO { rewrite ^ https://$host/SOGo; }

    location ^~ /SOGo {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:20000;
        proxy_set_header x-webobjects-server-protocol HTTP/1.0;
    }

    location ^~ /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync {
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync;
        proxy_redirect http://127.0.0.1:20000/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /;
    }

    location /SOGo.woa/WebServerResources/ {
        alias /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/;
    }
    location /SOGo/WebServerResources/ {
        alias /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/;
    }
    location ^/SOGo/so/ControlPanel/Products/([^/]*)/Resources/(.*)$ {
        alias /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/$1.SOGo/Resources/$2;
    }

With this setting mail.example.com can get to the main SOGo interface
sucessfully,
but logging in after entering user/password SOGo will prompt 'bad
authentication', whereas in sogo.log it does prompt sucessfully logged in.

Thanks.