I am using the settings below without problems. Notice the very large memory
allocated ( 6GB ). Also note that I was also experiencing the behavior you
mentioned. In my case it was because of a contact duplicating bug that kept on
re-importing the contacts and it would thus take a very long time to process in
MySQL. Once I imported the contacts via the web interface the bug went away and
the sogod processes would die when expected.
  WOWorkersCount = 120;
  SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 3540;
  SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 3540;
  SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 60;
  SOGoMaximumSyncWindowSize = 30;
  SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize= 2048;
  WOWatchDogRequestTimeout=60;
  SxVMemLimit = 6100;
Make sure to also make the proper adjustments in your apache configuration file:
ProxyPass /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
 retry=60 connectiontimeout=5 timeout=3600