and sogo.conf:

  /* ActiveSync */
  SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize = 1024;
  SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 10;
  SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 30;
  SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 60;
These settings are broken. Reread: https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_microsoft_enterprise_activesync_tuning

Not all our phones are using push, anyway I changed them this way:
  /* ActiveSync */
  SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize = 1024;
  //SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 10;
  //SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 30;
  //SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 60;
  SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 3540;
  SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 3540;
  SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 60;
  WOWorkersCount = 100;

and

ProxyPass /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \
 http://srvsogo02.apra.it:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \
 retry=60 connectiontimeout=5 timeout=3600

 in Apache

Is this expected behaviour? How many resources am I supposed to use to handle 90 phones?
If you have 90 phones, you should have at least 90 sogod processes since an EAS connection using push will consume one process. You can even dedicate a sogod instance for EAS (https://sogo.nu/nc/support/faq/article/dedicated-separate-sogo-instance-for-activesync.html)

I'm already using a *dedicated server* for EAS

EAS sogod processes will generally consume 16 to 50 MB of RSS.

How comes then that 12 GB are not enough for 90 phones