users-requ...@sogo.nu wrote on 08.01.2017 15:40:02:

> Hi SOGo users.
> Has anyone managed to set up multi-domain configuration with
> webmail, where users login just with their usernames and identical
> usernames are handled correctly?
> What I mean:
> j...@alpha.com and j...@beta.com will use just "joe" as a username in
> their webmails (mail.alpha.com and mail.beta.com).
> I've spent whole day trying to do that, with no success yet.

I am using MySQL as the authentication source and user table for
Dovecot and SOGo. My user table looks like this (names changed):

select * from mail.dovecot_user
+-------+------+----------------+------------------------+----------------------------------------+--------+
| uuid  | gid  | cn             | email                  | home
                  | active |
+-------+------+----------------+------------------------+----------------------------------------+--------+
| 10003 | 5000 | julius.schulz  | julius.sch...@dom.com  |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/julius.schulz  |      1 |
| 10004 | 5000 | clemens.schulz | clemens.sch...@dom.com |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/clemens.schulz |      1 |
| 10001 | 5000 | joachim.schulz | joachim.sch...@dom.com |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/joachim.schulz |      1 |
| 10018 | 5000 | root           | r...@localhost.dom.com |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/joachim.schulz |      1 |
| 10002 | 5000 | postmaster     | postmas...@dom.com     |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/joachim.schulz |      1 |
| 10016 | 5000 | ebay_wf        | ebay...@dom.com        |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/joachim.schulz |      1 |
| 10020 | 5000 | agnes.meier    | agnes.me...@dom.com    |
/var/spool/mail/dom.com/agnes.meier    |      1 |

I am using "cn" as the column to use for login, so users log in
with "firstname.lastname" only. As you can see, for one mailbox
I have defined a few aliases this way. This is in this case
not for different domains but you should be able to use it
that way as well. But in addition, you would have to configure
Postfix to accept e-mails for the additional domains, too.

Kai-Uwe Rommel