Hi!

Am 20.03.2017 um 16:08 schrieb michael.goldfin...@inhouse.wko.at:
>> Am 20.03.2017 um 13:37 schrieb michael.goldfin...@inhouse.wko.at:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I try to achieve the goal to install SOGo in an multiserver environment. I
>>> have 3 Servers available
>>>
>>> 1)    Database-Server
>>>
>>> 2)    Web-Server
>>>
>>> 3)    Mail-Server Al Servers running CentOS in the current version. The
>>> Database Server is running MariaDB and Postgresql, the Webserver is running
>>> nginx with php-fpm, the Mail-Server is a minimal setup of CentOS 7.
>>>
>>> I want to install SOGo in a way that the DB is hold on the Database Server,
>>> the Website is delivered through the Webserver and the rest is running on
>>> the Email-Server. Is that kind of setup even possible and is there a
>>> documentation about that?
>>>

>> Sure, this is a simple setup. But why MariaDB and Postgresql?
>
> We use some software that runs exclusively on MariaDB or Postgesql. Currently
> we try reduce this to the most common base, so you can assume that in the
> near future MariaDB ist the only Database on the server left.

We run several SOGo installations with DB-Server (PostgreSQL),
Mail-Server (Cyrus IMAP) and SOGo-Server separated on different machines.
On the SOGo server we always have apache installed (as proxy to SOGo on
port 20000/tcp)

On some installations we additionally have a public webserver
(apache) in front (as reverse-proxy, in a DMZ).

On our installations we have CentOS and OpenSUSE running.

Works and scales quite well!

Especially with SOGo you have any freedom to choose your setup
in a way it optimally fits your requirements.

- - andreas

- --
Andreas Haumer                     | mailto:andr...@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme              | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20             | Tel: +43-1-6060114-0
A-1100 Vienna, Austria             | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71