Hello,

@Miguel:  I've just 70 users, but all of them are teachers, as I am.
     And teachers are a very "special species" ;-)

I've tried to tune up my webserver with increasing the number of "sogo workers":
    WOWorkersCount = 50;
and
   PREFORK=20,
and disabled all debug options
and especially enable gzip-compression for all webpages, discribed at:
   https://gtmetrix.com/enable-gzip-compression.html
I've tried some speed-tests:
   https://www.dareboost.com/en
or
   https://gtmetrix.com
or
   https://www.webpagetest.org/  with interesting waterfall analysis.

With all Firefox-versions (Win7 32/64bit, Win10, Linux, ...) we've no problems, with or without proxy. Even on my three year old smartphone (Android 5.x) using "Firefox klar" or the build-in
google-browser using the webpage is "fast enough".
But Edge and especially IE are unusable with SOGo.

But it doesn't seem to be a problem of my SOGo-installation. http://demo.sogo.nu is very slow with IE, too.

bye
Holger