On Ubuntu:

wash@lists:~$ apt list | grep gnustep | grep installed

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in
scripts.

gnustep-base-common/bionic,now 1.25.1-2ubuntu3 all [installed,automatic]
gnustep-base-runtime/bionic,now 1.25.1-2ubuntu3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
gnustep-common/bionic,now 2.7.0-3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
gnustep-make/bionic,now 2.7.0-3 all [installed,automatic]
libgnustep-base1.25/bionic,now 1.25.1-2ubuntu3 amd64 [installed,automatic]

On FreeBSD:

[wash@waridi ~]$ pkg info | grep gnustep
gnustep-base-1.25.0_7          GNUstep Foundation library
gnustep-make-2.7.0_2           GNUstep makefile package

So, everything seems the same - gnustep-1.2.5

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,