Hi Lewis

> On May 12, 2019, at 11:08 PM, Lewis Dexter Litanzios (h...@ldexterldesign.uk)
> <users@sogo.nu> wrote:
>
> Apologies if this has been mentioned before - I tried to search your mailing
> list archive but surprisingly no results
>
> Why is SOGo not using GitHub Issues - you obviously host [c]ode there so why
> not use their vastly better issue tracker?
>
> I just started vetting SOGo web mail as a Thunderbird replacement and created
> my first [i]ssue today. While interacting with GitHub's issue tracker is
> geneally pleasant UX using your issue tracker is painful! I made a typo in my
> issue which I want to correct and there doesn't even appear to be a way to
> edit the issue once submitted. This is basic stuff.
>
> You have a great product and what seems to be the best chance of a FOSS gmail
> replacement - please prioritise making it as easy as possible for
> contributors, including a better way to report and manage issues
>
> I have a ton of issues to report but unfortunately I'll seriously have to
> consider the time burden in future

I understand your concern. We're big fans of Github too. However, we started
SOGo at about the same time Github was founded, and Mantis (the bug tracking
system we use) seemed the best option; it was open source, mature, and could be
deployed on-promise. A few years later, when we moved the source code to Github
(anyone remembers monotone?), we decided to keep Mantis because of the enormous
quantity of tickets already in our system.

Francis