Hi,
Could have to do with encrytion used.
I got my setup working with the following (where "tablename" is actually a
view generated from the postfixadmin user table):

SOGoUserSources =
    (
      {                                                             type =
sql;                                                 id = directory;
        viewURL mysql://user:pass@127.0.0.1:3306/dbname/tablename";
        userPasswordAlgorithm = md5-crypt;
        canAuthenticate = YES;
        isAddressBook = YES;                                      }
    );
SOGoSMTPAuthenticationType = PLAIN;