On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 8:48 AM Serveria Support <users@sogo.nu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm having exactly same issue. Here's
> my conf file user sources part:
>
> SOGoUserSources =
>      (
>        {
>          type = sql;
>          id = users;
>          viewURL =
> "mysql://mailuser:password@localhost:3306/mailserver/sogo_users";
>          canAuthenticate = YES;
>          isAddressBook = NO;
>          userPasswordAlgorithm = ssha512;
>        }
>      );
>
> I'm getting the same error TS has mentioned. Unfortunately, log file
> doesn't seem to be particularly user friendly so we can only guess?
>

> On 2022-09-30 21:44, Pierre wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Could have to do with encrytion used.
> > I got my setup working with the following (where "tablename" is
> > actually a view generated from the postfixadmin user table):
> >
> > SOGoUserSources =
> >     (
> >       {
> > type = sql;                                                 id =
> > directory;
> >         viewURL mysql://user:pass@127.0.0.1:3306/dbname/tablename
> > [1]";
> >         userPasswordAlgorithm = md5-crypt;
> >         canAuthenticate = YES;
> >         isAddressBook = YES;                                      }
> >     );
> > SOGoSMTPAuthenticationType = PLAIN;
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2022, 12:21 PM "WilliamB" <users@sogo.nu> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi I run an Ubuntu 20.04 with postfix/dovecot and postfix admin
> >> I am trying to get SOGo working but it will not authenticate
> >>
> >> might not have worked - password policy: 65535  grace: -1  expire:
> >> -1  bound:
> >> 0
> >>
> >> Any clues please

I use SOGo on FreeBSD and Ubuntu and it all works fine.
For those of you using dovecot, it should be easy to debug the
authentication queries on the dovecot end than on the SOGo end.
In conf.d/10logging.conf:
auth_verbose = yes
auth_verbose_passwords = yes
auth_debug = yes #Shows SQL queries
auth_debug_passwords = yes #Logs the passwords and the used scheme so the
problem can be debugged

On the SOGo side, you can also enable any of these in sogo.conf:

 /* Debug */
    //SOGoDebugRequests = YES;
    //SoDebugBaseURL = YES;
    //ImapDebugEnabled = YES;
    //LDAPDebugEnabled = YES;
    //PGDebugEnabled = YES;
    //MySQL4DebugEnabled = YES;
    //SOGoUIxDebugEnabled = YES;
    //WODontZipResponse = YES;
    //WOLogFile = /var/log/sogo/sogo.log;
    //GCSFolderDebugEnabled = NO;
    //GCSFolderStoreDebugEnabled = NO;
    //NGImap4DisableIMAP4Pooling = NO;
    //OCSFolderManagerSQLDebugEnabled = NO;
    //PGDebugEnabled = MO;
    //SOGoMailKeepDraftsAfterSend = NO;
    // SoDebugObjectTraversal = YES;
    //SoSecurityManagerDebugEnabled = NO;
    //WODebugZipResponse  = NO;

I do not prefer Postfix, but I have been able to successfully use it with
my DB structure.

What you guys need to check for is your encryption scheme.
I have this in sogo.conf:
userPasswordAlgorithm = md5-crypt;

And it dovecot.conf I have:
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT

Ensure that your passwords are of the md5-crypt type: *$1$0*
Gizh6Qw$UNkB.rmlDOVhA6GuJnfRT1

It should not be difficult just playing with the two values from the two
conf files.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,