Solr can easily do what you want if I understand you correctly. Key terminology
to use would be “document” for the expected items your search would return, in
your case sounds like the folder with the text files, “fields” being the
metadata points for each document, in your case sounds like text for the raw
text, issn/isbn, and hopefully a title, and “id” being a unique field
identifying your “document” in your case could simply be the folder name.
Hopefully that helps a bit with the basics to describe what you want