At 01:32 AM 9/28/2004, Muhammad Talha wrote:
Dear all

what is best clearing house database ( Vipul's Razor, Pyzor, and DCC ) to be
used with spamassassin.

I currently use Razor 2.61 and DCC. Both work quite well. Pyzor, I've never tried.

Prior to 2.61 and the introduction of e8 Razor was mostly useless with very low real-world hit rates on live email, but it works pretty well now. (Razor's e4 has a limited hit rate on live spam as it hits the MTA, but hits quite well after an hour or two.). I do have occasional FP problems, and when e8 was first introduced FP rate was quite significant due to lack of sufficient revokes to stabilize it, but that's tamed down a bit.

DCC has been a consistently good performer. I was always critical of DCC due to it's "bulkiness" criteria instead of only listing spam, but I don't have too many problems with it. FP rates are comparable to Razor.

That said, I have shaved the score of DCC_CHECK from 2.907 to 2.2. I've also shaved the score of RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 down from 1.101 to .5 (all e8 hits show up as CF 100, making the CF range less valuable. Both of these changes are in-line with what the GA run for SA 3.0 came up with.