Matt Kettler wrote:
At 01:32 AM 9/28/2004, Muhammad Talha wrote:
what is best clearing house database ( Vipul's Razor, Pyzor, and DCC ) to be
used with spamassassin.

I currently use Razor 2.61 and DCC. Both work quite well. Pyzor, I've never tried.

The last time I checked, Pyzor's hit rate was comparable to Razor or DCC. Several people (including myself) did some analysis of hits rates and overlap a while back on all three. They're probably somewhere in either the SA archives or the Razor archives, but then they're also probably way out of date.

Pyzor gives me very few false positives, and most of those have been mailman reminders -- clearly someone's feeding a "dead" address that isn't as dead as they thought.

There are two main drawbacks to Pyzor:
1. It's written in Python, which isn't a problem in itself, but it means calling it from a Perl program isn't very efficient. (You've already got Perl loaded in memory, and now it has to call out and start up Python.)
2. It's somewhat brittle in that some types of mail will actually crash it. (But since it's in another process, that doesn't cause SpamAssassin any problems.) And while the servers are still being actively maintained, no one has done any work on the client in two years.

--
Kelson Vibber