On Sep 28, 2004, at 3:18 AM, John Andersen wrote:

On Monday 27 September 2004 09:22 pm, Christopher Jett wrote:
Just upgraded to 3.0 from 2.6.3. I don't see where SURBL is ever
registering a score, where previously it was scoring tons of mail. How
can I verify that it is actually working? I installed it using MCPAN
and --lint shows everything A-OK.
--
Chris Jett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Did you enable it in your local.cf as per the surbl pages? I'm not absolutely sure You still have to do that, because I get reports from _AB_ and _OS_ even though I have no specific content in my local.cf for those.

Check your init.pre to see if these lines appear and are uncommented:
# URIDNSBL - look up URLs found in the message against several DNS
# blocklists.
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

You should see things like this:
0.4 URIBL_AB_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist
[URIs: ca-t.com]
2.0 URIBL_WS_SURBL Contains a URL listed in sa-blacklist
[URIs: ca-t.com]
3.2 URIBL_OB_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
[URIs: ca-t.com]
4.0 URIBL_SC_SURBL Contains a URL listed in SpamCop data
[URIs: ca-t.com]

-- _____________________________________ John Andersen

Still not seeing any hits from SURBL. I do see hits from other RBL's. Here's a sample:

* 0.4 HTML_SHORT_LENGTH BODY: HTML is extremely short
* 3.2 DOMAIN_RATIO BODY: Message body mentions many internet domains
* 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
* 2.1 BAYES_95 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 95 to 99%
* [score: 0.9859]
* 0.2 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
* 0.0 HTML_90_100 BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
* 3.3 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04 BODY: HTML: images with 0-400 bytes of words
* 2.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
* [81.44.185.240 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
* 0.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
* [81.44.185.240 listed in combined.njabl.org]
* 0.0 HTML_SHORT_CENTER HTML is very short with CENTER tag
* 4.1 RATWARE_ZERO_TZ Bulk email fingerprint (+0000) found
* 0.6 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML Outlook can't send HTML message only
* 0.1 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format

Tons of spam like this, but no SURBL hits at all. I just verified that my Net::DNS is up to date as well. I am at a loss to figure out why this is not working. Everything seems in order, but it is stubbornly not giving me any SURBL scores.
--
Chris Jett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]