We use SA+Postfix+SASL+Mysql+procmail for our system.

The SASL authentication doesn't have anything to do with SA. It simply allows your smtpd to accept AUTH commands; so you can deal with those problems separately.

Also bear in mind that if you rig postfix to use mysql tables for it's config; that is separate from SA using mysql for the user's filtering options. postfix and SA may or may not use the same mysql server; probably not the same database; and definitely not the same authentication.

We use procmail after the MTA is done with the message to run the message thru SA and then sort it into inbox/spambox.

Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:
Hi, people, my first mail to the list, and I'm already asking for
something quite hard to me... Here it goes:
I want to set up a WBEL with SA 3.0, but with user preferences driven
by a Mysql database. Also, I want the MTA (PostFix) to run with SASL
authentication. I've found a good bunch of info on how to set up
Postfix+SASL+Maildrop+Mysql, but I don't know how to set up SA to work
with that, all I've seen about it is the howto on SA's site, but it
doesn't mention how to set it up against a vmail environment. Also,
this will be my fisrt attempt at Postfix (I've always ran SA through
Spamass-Milter over Sendmail), so any help or tips will be
appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Luis.