On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 05:30:32PM -0700, Loren Wilton wrote:
> It seems a solution here might be to have a spamd child that notices it
> needs to to maintenance should either pass that off to another child created
> specifically for that purpose, or else die after performing the maintenance

Yeah, I had actually thought about doing that in the future.  Right now,
that's not possible due to the way the code gets run.

The plan, BTW, was for the parent spamd to be more involved in things
in the future, and the child would report to the parent that some work needs
doing (like expire user foo's bayes tokens), and it would then fork off
a process to do it.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Oh, go and eat my alarm clock."          - Matt