From: "Loren Wilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 7:42 AM

Any chance in going back to something that actually worked? I tried
running a
2.64 version of spamd, but got a mountain of bayes-related errors.

There is an option to only run a single child, which is claimed to be
equivalent to the 2.6x implementation. I don't recall the option
(something=1), but Theo posted it within the last day here. And I'm almost
positive it is in the docs somewhere.

Just watching what people have been reporting, I've come to several
tentative conclusions on 3.0 as it currently stands:

1.    I'm about 70% convinced there is an undiscvered memory leak or other
resource leak that has the equivalent result.
2.    The copying of the config back and forth with preforking has a few
minor but serious problems.
3.    There is a problem with spamd children getting hung out to dry on a
read that never completes.

I had this problem and I'm checking on the moment if I found the "bug".
The message was deleted before spamc was killed so with a sleep in my spamc call script I hope to be able to close my problem

4. I suspect that 3.0 is inherently less memory efficient than 2.6x; but
probably not by a huge amount.

I think that when the first three problems are addressed and solved that 3.0
will become a whole lot more generally usable.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,

Maurice Lucas
TAOS-IT