Hello,

I am sure this issue has come up before.  I have seen mention of it but no
resolution.

I am trying to build/install SA 3.0.0.  I have been using SA since 2.1 or
something
really old.  The most recent I have installed (running currently) is 2.63.  I
have
been installing these via RPMs.

Now, I am not able to find RPMs for 3.0.0 for RH9.  So, I figured it shouldn't
be
too hard to just build it.  Oh, how wrong can one be!

Not being a Perl/CPAN expert I am lost.  When I run perl Makefile.PL...the
resulting
makefile is garbage.  I write software for a living and it is easy to see that
this
makefile won't build anything.  But as I said I write software for a living and
don't have real time to debug/fix this.  Since I'm sure that someone has seen
this
before I would like just a nudge in the right direction.

I have tried on both my production server and on a clean RH9.  I thought maybe
I had
messed up the Perl environment so I built a new one from scratch.  The end
result
was exactly the same.  I will test whatever steps on the clean machine and then
apply the same steps to the production server.  In the worst case I'll end up
with a
new machine for handling all of our email (not a bad thing).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post...

Kevin