On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:15:33 -0700 (PDT), "email builder"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> May I ask either of you how you installed SA?  I am pretty much at a
> loss... just grabbing for whatever I can get at this point...

We installed Debian Woody and grabbed the Spamassassin 2.64 package from
www.backports.org, added the SpamCopURI patch, turned on the network
tests and most of the more conservative SARE rulesets, then trained the
Bayes filter extensively before starting. We are using AWL, we're not
using DCC or Razor. Bayes autolearn is turned off, we train it manually.

We're catching approximately 99% of spam, and rejecting (NOT bouncing)
the top-scoring 95% at the mail gateway. The 5% is to allow for false
positives, but I haven't been notified of any in months. Thanks to all
the ninjas, you guys rock!
--

  snowjack(a)fastmail.fm