On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 06:53:19AM -0800, Rupa Schomaker wrote:

> Some questions:
>
> Is bytea really necessary?  If I follow the path of the patch, the bytea
> change was done prior to adding the index.  Since the tokens are binary
> data it is probably more correct through, especially if one has a
> encoding other than SQL_ASCII set for the DB...

Yes, as far as I can tell from the documentation.  The fact that we're
storing the binary value makes it necessary.  If I'm misinformed, then
feel free to point out where in the documentation.

> What do you use to benchmark changes?  I'm willing to experiment but
> would like to have some reproducable results for ya...

It's not really ready for real world consumption and time has been
short for getting it ready.  You can read a little about it here:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesBenchmark

Hopefully, I'll get some free time soon and get it into the SA tree.

Michael