On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:12:06 +0000, Gavin Pearce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have presently upgraded the server that we run SA on
>
> Dual Operton 2.2Ghz
> 2GB DDR Memory
> SCSI U320 Raid5 Array
>
> Running
>
> Freebsd 5.3
> Qmail
> Spammassassin 3.01 - Standard conf
>
> And we have had nothing but problems with it, it just chews up all its
> memory, till it runs out and I have to reboot to correct it. Anyone any
> thoughts.

I've got a FreeBSD 5.3 box running SA out of the ports (along with
Sendmail, MIMEDefang and ClamAV) and haven't seen any memory usage
problems.  The box only has 512 MB of RAM, so I'd expect to hit them
sooner :)

You're sure that it's SA that's the problem?  What are you using to
track memory usage?

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor