I hope you don't mean me :) I'm not a core dev. I just annoy them ;)

I help SA thru a different means. Perhaps after having a beer with DQ I can
work closer with them. I'm testing things for SA outside of the dev
structure. If it pans out, one of the SARE ninjas will submit it. It anables
us to give the devs some beta, rather then alpha material.  Also I am more
of a go between on many antispam projects. Devs don't always have time to be
involved in other things. So with SARE's help, we can give them some of the
best ideas from other projects.

This whole thread seems kind of Deja Vu. I remember having almost the exact
same conversation on another similar report was done, and completely left
out SA. Almost always, including printed reviews, they say the same thing
about SA. When the authors are contacted they also say similiar things like,
"We had no time to test....", "Its not really a commercial product.....",
ect....

That gets real old, real fast. :)

Managment still considers open source software to not be good enough. They
want to waste money to get a box and a phone number.

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE/SURBL Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
http://www.surbl.org
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin