Title: RE: spamassassin + filter.sh
If the call to spamd fails then the message is passed back.  Basically if it fails it just isn't scanned.

But there usually aren'y many problems with SA.  Many of us are running it on high volume systems in complex configurations with no problems.

Gary

From: Kang, Joseph S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 1/11/2005 8:24 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: RE: spamassassin + filter.sh

I'm really new to Postfix so I'm reading this thread with a lot of interest.

I took a look at the Wiki and didn't see anything that addressed my concern.
According to some of the doc related to implementing SA on the Postfix.org
site, the example shown involved calling SA and not spamc.  Apparently, the
problem with this method is that if the spamassassin call fails, then
Postfix won't process the message at all.

So, I'm looking for pointers on using spamd/spamc with Postfix that won't
cause delivery problems if there are operational problems with SA.

TIA!
Joe K.