They are enabled.  My problem is more that some of these e-mails are
getting caught by my rule and some aren't.  When I run the ones that are
getting past through spamassassin manually, they hit my rule as well and
are above my spam threshold.  So why do they make it past?

>>> Martin Hepworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/13 6:51 AM >>>
Joe

enable the URIRBL rules, these are very effective against html spam.

(make sure you have the latest Net:DNS module installed and the
init.pre
  file in /etc/mail/spamassassin and the plugin turned on).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Joe Zitnik wrote:
> We've been having a group of the same type of e-mails making it
through
> spamassassin.  These are the e-mails that have the "get a capable
html
> e-mailer" line in them.  I have yet to see any legitimate e-mail
with
> that line, so I made a custom rule to score 11 points for that
slogan.
> I have also fed hundreds of different e-mails with that line in to
my
> bayes database,  and yet I'm still seeing a lot of e-mails with that
> line making it through, so I fed one of the e-mails through manually
and
> the relevant output is below.  The MY_CAPABLE rule is the custom
rule
> for these types of e-mail, it is adding the points, but a great many
of
> these are still making it through.  I know I saw other posts where
> people were saying spam was making it past or only every other
e-mail
> was being checked, and I'm wondering why e-mails like these are
slipping
> past.
>

> Subject: ***Spam*** i just cheated on my boyfriend
> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:56:36 -0800

        HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_MOSTLY,MPART_ALT_DIFF,MY_CAPABLE,RCVD_BY_IP,
>       RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY,RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB,
>       SARE_FREE_WEBM_ZCom03,SPF_HELO_PASS autolearn=disabled
> version=3.0.2
>       *  0.7 SARE_FREE_WEBM_ZCom03 Sender used free email account -
> may be spammer
>       * -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
>       *   11 MY_CAPABLE BODY: Body contains spam link
>       *  0.2 HTML_20_30 BODY: Message is 20% to 30% HTML
>       *  0.4 BAYES_60 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 60 to 80%
>       *      [score: 0.6354]
>       *  1.0 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY BODY: Multipart message mostly
text/html
> MIME
>       *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
>       *  0.1 MPART_ALT_DIFF BODY: HTML and text parts are different
>       *  1.2 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in
> bl.spamcop.net
>       *      [Blocked - see
> <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?24.145.177.237>]
>       *  0.4 RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY RBL: NJABL: sender is an open proxy
>       *      [24.145.177.237 listed in combined.njabl.org]
>       *  0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB RBL: SORBS: sender is a abuseable web
> server
>       *      [24.145.177.237 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]

the system manager.