I just upgraded to SA 3.0.2 from 2.6x and got it running ok, but noticed a
couple of issues:

SA 3.0.2 doesn't write to the pidfile the way it used to.  The man pages
still show that the -r switch will make it do this, but using the same
startup script and restart script that I've been using all along, it
doesn't work.  The permissions are the same for /var/run and the scripts
are run by root, and the user that spamd runs as is the same:

/usr/local/bin/spamd -d -x -u qscand -r /var/run/spamd.pid

I used to run a script to kill and restart spamd every time I made a
config change (ie, whitelist) because it was said that older versions of
SA needed a full restart.  I tried a SIGHUP for the parent spamd id, and
although the log shows the signal received, the processes die and I have
to start spamd manually.

Ideas?

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://3.am