On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:44:23AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

[ If you don't actually want a copy of messages, you should change
"lists ... to subscribe ... in your .muttrc so your mail-followup-to
header gets set correctly ]

> I have installed Spamassassin 3.02 on one of my three mail servers
> which runs on Debian Woody with a backport of Exim4.  I previously had
> 2.64 running on this machine with the Surbl checking working (after
> help from this list).
>
> I could only get the network tests to work after installing  Net::DNS
> using CPAN.  I would prefer however to do it the Debian way.
>
> Is there a way to get this working using Debian packages?  And which
> packages should be installed then?

Install the backport version of both.

add:
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable spamassassin

to /etc/apt/sources.list

and then do:
# apt-get install spamassassin libnet-dns-perl