On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:39, Frank M. Cook wrote:
> > SA shouldn't have this problem.  However, the larger issue of whether or
> not
> > any sort of SPAM filtering solution is considered legal is my concern.
>
> this is an argument for simply rewriting the subject so that the user can
> decide whether to block the mail with local rules, or not.

Not necessarily, if the basis of the legal argument is confidentiality
rather than failure to deliver.

[Mitch says:] There is also the issue of user involvement... if the service
is optional, and the users are processing their own mail, they would have to
rule that people don't have a right to process their own data - wouldn't
they?

m/