At 10:55 AM 1/21/2005, Jason Gauthier wrote:
Nice subject!

I attached a message to this email that got an incredibly low spam
score.
When I run the message through spamassassin -t it gets a spam score as I
would expect.

I know I don't have much more details, but can anyone give me ideas why?

 pts rule name              description
-2.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Did not pass through any untrusted hosts

ALL_TRUSTED would be why. That REALLY should never hit for mail from the outside.

Usualy this is caused by having a NATed mailserver, or some other IP configuration that confuses the automatic trust path code.

Look into manually declaring trusted_networks in your config. Only add local mailservers that add Received: headers to the list of trusted hosts.

(Note: Don't try to use trusted networks as an IP based whitelist mechanism, it's not. Trusted here means trusted to generate non-forged Received: headers, and has subtle implications on a lot of rules.)