Hi,

I use SA for quite several months now and I'm very pleased with its
performance. After a recent update though it stopped working for me.

I use Debian Sarge, which recently updated to SA 3.0.2. After this
update, SA started assigning low scores to high Bayesian probabilties.
I had a look at 50_scores.cf and it seems that SA uses the fourth
column where it used the third column before.

The manpage tells me that the fourth column is used when "network
tests are enabled". However, I couldn't find anything (neither in the
FAQ nor in the docs) about what these network tests are meant to be.
(They certainly don't block spam.)

I tried to disable some plugins from init.pre, but that didn't help.
So my questions are: What are network test? How can I make them work?
How can I disable them in a way that brings back useful scores?

I call SA with Maildrop using a simple 'xfilter spamc'. The daemon
command line is:
    /usr/sbin/spamd --create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -d
--pidfile=/var/run/spamd.pid

% spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.0.2
  running on Perl version 5.8.4

Thank in advance for any pointers you can give me.

Thorsten
--
I'd rather have friends who care than friends who agree with me.
    - Arlo Guthrie