On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:20:50 -0500, Matt Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm.. so zombies are going to start using the legit mailserver instead of
> acting as a direct delivery... Hmm.. Well, we should see the DUL RBL hits
> drop off pretty fast. Won't affect SURBL hits though.

Or see legit mailservers being added to the RBL lists...

> The only problem I see with the tactic is the ISP itself is likely to deal
> with the infected users pretty quickly, instead of dragging their feet,
> since the spam will now be bogging down their servers, instead of bypassing
> them.

I think this is a good thing, though.

The article doesn't mention if the zombies will "authenticate" with
the server or not.  We're moving towards an SMTP-AUTH *only* setup
where there is no ability to relay without giving up your credentials.

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[EMAIL PROTECTED]