--On 02/04/05 09:17:55 -0400 Peter Marshall wrote:
My question is the same as Henrik, I have a bunch of email that is spam
(either tagged by spam assassin or not tagged at all.  I forwared it as
an attachment to a "spam" mail box.  What do I have to do now before I
can get bayes to learn the message ... I read you have to remove the
headers .... Could anyone give me a little more detail ?

There's no 100% good way to do this; it depends on how the message was mangled by the client (and possibly server). The only guaranteed way is (as I described) to save a copy at the same point as it is inspected by SpamAssassin so you can use it later.

That being said, forwarding a message as an attachment will usually preserve the headers pretty well. The perl MailTools and MIME-tools modules have procedures to pull out attachments and save them in the Unix format which sa-learn wants.

Sorry I don't have any ready-made scripts for this; my users dump messages into shared IMAP mailboxes which don't need any preprocessing before being fed to sa-learn.

-Kevin