Arvinn Løkkebakken wrote:

Bowie Bailey wrote:

From: Arvinn Løkkebakken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

jdow wrote:

Do not disable it. Fix the cause.

It's time to hit the wiki and learn how.
{^_^}

I hit the wiki and found this patch:

http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/attachment.cgi?id=2508

Is it the fix you were thinking about?

I doubt that was what he was referring to.  You just need to
configure your trust path so that ALL_TRUSTED will know what to
trust.  Add a trusted_networks entry in your local.cf for each of
your mailservers (or one for each of your networks) and that should
fix your problem.

For details see the manpage for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.ht

ml

Bowie

No, that's not correct. Trusted_networks is not a mandatory setting. ALL_TRUSTED shall not be triggered by messages with Received headers with hosts that doesn't exist in trusted_networks and friends. It's the other way around. ALL_TRUSTED only kicks in when all Received headers only contains hosts that are_defined in trusted_networks and/or friends.

You probably didn't read what I posted carefully enough.
The problem is that ALL_TRUSTED some times get triggered when it shouldn't, i.e. it gets triggered even when one or more of the Received headers contains a foreign host that is not in trusted_networks, internal_networks or in a network "near by", because it failed to parse the actual header. The wiki article (bug 3949) I found describes this situation exactly as it appears to me. It seems to me that this bug made it to 3.0.2 even though the wiki article is dated early in November.

The article may be dated early november but the bug itself is still open and being worked on which is why it still exists in 3.0.2. I imagine it will be resolved shortly after they get some issues worked out. (From reading the bug report).

-Jim