From: Arvinn Løkkebakken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
> >From: Arvinn Løkkebakken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >>I hit the wiki and found this patch:
> >>
> >>http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/attachment.cgi?id=2508
> >>
> >>Is it the fix you were thinking about?
> >
> >I doubt that was what he was referring to.  You just need to
> >configure your trust path so that ALL_TRUSTED will know what to
> >trust.  Add a trusted_networks entry in your local.cf for each of
> >your mailservers (or one for each of your networks) and that should
> >fix your problem.
> >
> >For details see the manpage for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.
>
>http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.h
tml

> No, that's not correct. Trusted_networks is not a mandatory
> setting.  ALL_TRUSTED shall not be triggered by messages with
> Received headers with hosts that doesn't exist in
> trusted_networks and friends. It's the other way around.
> ALL_TRUSTED only kicks in when all Received headers only contains
> hosts that are_defined in trusted_networks and/or friends.

Right, but if trusted_networks is not defined, Courier assumes that
most recent mailserver with a public address is your gateway
mailserver.  If your actual gateway server has a NAT address,
Courier will start trusting every mailserver that sends you mail.

It's not a mandatory setting, but as many times as I've seen this
question on the list, it probably should be mandatory.

> You probably didn't read what I posted carefully enough.  The
> problem is that ALL_TRUSTED some times get triggered when it
> shouldn't, i.e. it gets triggered even when one or more of the
> Received headers contains a foreign host that is not in
> trusted_networks, internal_networks or in a network "near by",
> because it failed to parse the actual header. The wiki article
> (bug 3949) I found describes this situation exactly as it appears
> to me. It seems to me that this bug made it to 3.0.2 even though
> the wiki article is dated early in November.

You're right.  I lost track of your original post and assumed you
were having the same problem most everyone else seems to have with
the ALL_TRUSTED rule.  Sorry about the confusion.

Bowie