Eric A. Hall wrote:

On 2/19/2005 5:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Trying to install sa 3.0.2 I find that make test for 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 fails on Suse 9.0 systems which got the recent security updates (Feb. 10 or so) for Perl and Perl-DBI.

Anyone else experiences the same problem?

Yes, I had a fair number of modules that were reported as missing or had some other problem, and would not update. DB_File, Storable, and a few other critical modules were causing real problems.

I was able to fix most of this by doing installs manually rather than
using CPAN. Things were working again pretty quickly.

Hi

Having the same problems, but I did not install it yet on my productive System exactly because of those problems
Anyone good in CPAN or so could tell me how exactly to determine which modules are reset to an initial state?
I hate doing it the hit+miss way by just reinstalling those modules that make troubles right away....?

I'm thinking about a command to be run before and after the update which spits out all the versions of the modules where a diff could tell me what to reinstall later?

Thanks!!

Matti