Matt Kettler wrote the following on 28/02/2005 12:32:
At 07:14 AM 2/28/2005, Slava Garaschenko wrote:

But, then I run spamassassin in daemon mode by /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassinstart
I dont' see any request to port 24441 which is used by pyzor.

This means that pyzor completely don't work with spamassassin. At least then spamassassin is used in daemon mode.

When you did this test, did you actually feed a message to spamc?

Merely starting spamd does nothing until spamc has a message to check.

Matt

I've been wondering if there has been a problem with pyzor for a while.

On reading this I've just checked my firewall logs for traffic to the pyzor
servers.

In the last 2 hours there have been 46 requests sent to the servers from one
spamd daemon.

Of these there have been no responses from the pyzor servers.

While a test using spamassassin -D --lint usually shows a response from pyzor,
right now they are timing out.

The problem the OP has is probably due to the remote end timing out.

I would be interested if anyone knows if there has been a change in  status for
the pyzor project as I have not seen a hit from them in a long while.

regards

Alan