On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Stuart Johnston wrote:

> Eric A. Hall wrote:
> > It appears to be doing the right thing. The message originated off-net,
> > but the Message-ID was added locally, which is pretty good spam-sign.
> > Frankly I wish it worked here, because I've had to create my own rule to
> > hit the same thing.
> >
> > You can set the score for MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID to zero in a local .cf file if
> > you want to disable the rule check.
>
> Right, it is just that I get the impression that a lot of legitimate
> mail servers may be sending mail without proper Message-ID's, causing
> FPs.  So, I wondered if anyone else had seen this as well.

I have a functionally equivalent rule that I created back in SA-2.5 days.
I had given it a hefty score (1.5) as it seend a good spam-sign, but
subsequently toned it down as I found some mail-list packages don't
add Message-IDs to their output.
I still have the rule, just with a low score (0.3).

#include <std_disclaimer.h>