On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Matt wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any kind of plugin or patch for spamassassin that will allow
> me to selectively turn on GREYLISTing for certain user accounts?
>
> When I say greylist I mean:  All e-mail coming into them is bounced
> with a temporary error the first time, and then accepted the second
> time.   If accepted (ie sent a second time) it is then put in a
> database of valid e-mail accounts for the next 60 days (or until
> another e-mail is received).

One thing that you need to be aware of, Greylisting MUST be done
at the MTA level, it cannot be done by SpamAssassin alone.
As a matter of fact Greylisting can be done without SA at all.

When doing Greylisting, you do -not- 'bounce' e-mail, you do a
SMTP REJECT (temp fail error code; 4xx) with your MTA.
It must be done at the topographical "edge" of your network
not at the "center". (IE if you have more than one system involved
with processing and storing e-mail, it must be the first system
that remote machines talk to).

Thus this is completely dependent upon what MTA you use, very
little to do with SA.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>