On 11/21/2017 4:42 AM, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
I have a cron to check once per day.  Is that ok or do you think once per week is enough?
Hi Matt, Once per day would be appropriate.  In fact, once an hour would be fine.  The check should just hit DNS.

The Top 14 abusers account for nearly 30% of our update based on sampling one mirror for people downloading the files.

Conjecture is people have misconfigured systems that are failing and grabbing the files over and over and over again with cron jobs

Regards,
KAM