On 2 Dec 2017, at 13:33 (-0500), David Jones wrote:

Then you can start experimenting with RBLs at http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/

Be VERY careful with that list of DNSBLs. For years they listed and tested my local, private, never-public DNSBL (which has always had an external view that "lists the world") despite repeated requests to stop, resulting in a steady stream of clueless users pleading, rationalizing, and/or threatening me over their supposed listing. It is only after I started to give actively hostile answers to external queries that they took my DNSBL off their lookup page, but they still ping it every day or so. Apparently, similar sites copied them and some end users seem to have gotten the bright idea to query the zone, sometimes in substantial volume.

The bottom line: before actually *using* any of the DNSBLs you find via any 3rd-party site, research the list's actual purpose and availability.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole